Permaculture is relationship. Relationship to a place, it’s people, into the future. Permaculture design for hire doesn’t inherently contain that relationship. While it may seem like a longer and winding road, I want to ensure that the relationship is there.
I’m interested in getting to know this that place I live, broadly speaking Washtenaw County in the state of Michigan. I’m interested in knowing it’s people and discovering the authentic lives they can create for themselves. I’m interested in doing that through a relationship that meets needs and solves real problems for those involved.
- In order to facilitate that I’d be willing to come walk your space, to discover any opportunities: such as problems/solutions with water, local ecology, or to try to solve any problems that may exist. It would be nice to have tea and if possible share what makes that place special to you. If future collaboration was warranted we could then:
- Meet for a work session ~3-4 hours (depending on timing and tasks)
- Work together to discover and implement solutions
- ~$50/visit – though all offers will be considered
- Alternately, I would be interested in a permaculture mentorship. This could include:
- Evaluation and supplementation of your knowledge with reading, video, and Zoom calls.
- An online design process, working through available information.
- Eventual site visits (when conditions allow) or “draw on design” with photos.
- Flexible rates and periodic evaluation.
- There are other possibilities that we could explore, I’m open to whatever meets people’s needs if the above frameworks don’t work. Let’s figure out what will!